- 1 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed, chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups drained and rinsed canned black beans (one 15-ounce can)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups shredded yellow cheese
- 8 large (burrito-size) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
In a large bowl, gently mix together the corn, cilantro, jalapeno, beans, red peppers, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
Stir in the cheese.
Place tortillas on a work surface. Put about 1/3 cup or more of the mixture on half of each tortilla. Spread it to the edge and then fold the other half over it.
In a large nonstick frying pan, heat some oil over medium heat.
Add 2 of the quesadillas to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes per side, until the cheese melts.
Put on a cookie sheet and place in oven to keep warm until al quesadillas are made.
Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with guacamole, sour cream and your favorite salsa!